If you think that your kid has mere baby teeth cavity and that those baby teeth will fall off events, then you need to think again. At Dental Dimension, our expert kid’s dentist in San Jose suggests you opt for pediatric dentistry if you suspect that your child has a tooth cavity.
Why do you seek pediatric dentistry if your child has a tooth cavity?
Tooth cavity is very common amongst children. Cavities are a result of tooth decay which are essentially holes in your child’s teeth. If your kid has a tooth cavity, it can be treated with fillings which would prevent the cavity from worsening or spreading.
What happens if you don’t treat your child’s cavity on time?
Our professional kid’s dentist in San Jose claim that if baby teeth cavity is left untreated, your child can run the following risks:
- Wrong impact on overall health and nutrition
- Overbite and other issues in bite functions
- Impact on the proper growth of adult teeth
- Negative effect on self-esteem and proper speech
- Extreme tooth pain
- Infections that may lead to more cavities
What are the symptoms of baby teeth cavities?
Our qualified kid’s dentist in San Jose suggests you get your child treated if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Pain while chewing or brushing
- Pain below the line of gum
- Extreme sensitivity to hot or cold
- Holes in teeth
- Discoloured teeth
- Dark spots on teeth
- Persistent bad breath that does not go away
While these symptoms are pretty easy to spot, only a professional kid’s dentist in San Jose can confirm whether your kid has cavities. And if you do notice one or more of the above symptoms in your child, then we urge you to bring your kid to Dental Dimension for pediatric dentistry. Our experts will do everything to ensure better oral health for your young one.